Authorised Distributor Of Enagic
Language:

 

Body & Mind

Water makes up of more than two thirds (about 70%) of human body, and without water, we would die in a few days but not without food. This is a very obvious fact that water is the most important thing our body needs, other than oxygen.

The diagram on the left shows the major water composition within our body. The average adult body is 55 to 75% water. 2/3 of your body weight is water (40 to 50 quarts). A human embryo is more than 80% water. A new born baby is made up of about 74% water. Since such a large percentage of our bodies is water, water must obviously figure heavily in how our bodies function. Thus, the quality of water you drink literally becomes you! In another words, the quality of water you drink dictates your health and longevity. Why is this so? Most of our critical organs, having their own critical functions in our bodies, are made up of high percentage of water and they depend on blood to feed them and our cells with the required nutrients, oxygen, and required material. Functions of our blood are primarily, transportation, protection and regulation of our inner bodies and organs. For better understanding of function of our blood, please click on “Functions of Blood”.

83% of our blood is made up of water. Our blood is made up of 55% blood plasma and the remaining 45% is made up of red blood cells, platelets and white blood cells. Almost 93% of blood plasma is made up of water.

Since our inner bodies depend on our blood where major portion of our blood is made of water, it is obvious that the quality of our blood determines our health and longevity. The function of our kidney other than serving as urinary system, it has many more critical functions such as blood pressure regulation, red blood cell regulation, acid regulation, water level balancing and waste excretion (“Functions of Kidney”). Thus, water is the best thing that out body needs to make our blood and body healthy.

Diagram on the right explained additional functions of water in your body. Not only does your body need water, our brain function are integrally linked with water too. Lack of water to the brain can cause numerous symptoms including problems with focus, memory, brain fatigue and brain fog, as well as headaches, sleep issues, anger, depression, and many more. This further emphasized on the importance of drinking water.

What will happen to our bodies if it is not having sufficient water in short term and in long run? Find our more in "Importance of drinking clean & healthy water".